Friday, February 12, 2010
Seven Quick Takes Friday: February 12
1. Yasmina loves dancing with us. She says "Hand pease. Dance!" and holds out her hands to dance with us. Such a sweet time.
2. After six and a half months, our house finally closed. We have a million and one projects to get finished, so life is a little frazzled still.
3. We have been doing a lot of crossing the mountains lately. Housework and homeschooling has suffered a little from this. We have been trying to settle down and get back on track.
4. Because of this whole house purchase thing, roll over of a 401K, etc, we may actually have to go to an accountant for our taxes this year. I'm going to try to load it all in to TaxAct again to see if it will figure it out for me without paying someone else first. We normally have our taxes finished and filed by now, so we're running later than I'd like.
5. Lent is next week. A few years ago, I found a great blog written by a woman who was Eastern Rite Catholic, who blogged her way through Lent, with recipes and meal ideas. You can find it here. I've seen many other posts and blogs lately that will be nice resources for Lenten meals this year. Homemaking Through the Church Year has a post full of recipes for vegetarian, vegan and pesco-vegetarian meals. That is a really good idea. I might have to make a post like that, too.
6. We have managed to miss most of the illnesses that went around this winter, but in the last month caught a horrible stomach bug and a pretty bad cold. We're just coming out of the cold. Please keep our little ones, especially, in your prayers.
7. As I understand it from locals, we've had a very mild winter for this area. This scares me. I may have to move next winter.
Links to this post: